About two years ago when the Football World Cup was going on in South Africa, I decided I had earned a nice over the top all leather La-Z-Boy. To my surprise, the only place in town that carries them is a furniture store called Strickland’s. I had to give them my address for them to deliver it to my place.
Now after two years, I still get letters in the mail from Strickland’s every now and then. The last letter I got reads:
“Bring this letter with you during the week of 4/16/12 and take 50% off of 50% of your full purchase. That’s half off regular price of half of your purchase. Buy one piece, a room full or a house full and take 50% off of 50% of your total purchase.”
I didn’t make this up, you can click on the image to maximize it. I think this is a coupon for 25% off but they said 50% so many times and half that I am not sure if it is a coupon for 12.5% or 6.25%. I have a feeling that if I go there they will ask me to pay double for the first half and twice the second half. I also find it funny how they start the letter with “Dear Valued Customer”. Not only they think their customers are so valuable they won’t even address the letter to their names, they also insult the poor senior citizens walking in with what they think is a 50% off coupon. Letter attached after the break. Feel free to print it if you want to get this deal, LOL…
Continue reading “Strickland’s Letter”
I was a heavy Diet Coke drinker until I discovered Coke Zero. It tastes 10 times better. However, few places around my area serve it or have it in their soda machines. I know of only the following places that serve it in the Hattiesburg Area.
1. Bakers Burger Co: This is the new burger joint in town and it is pretty good too. They have a “flavor of the week” bun, wheat and your typical white bun. [location]
2. Movie Star: You will love to eat here! They’ve got an awesome buffet Friday and Saturday that includes ribs, catfish, pork loin, sweet potatoes fries, apple pie, and all the good stuff. Saturdays they have a deal called Ribeye for 2 which is $25. [location]
3. The Grand 18: Do you know what is better than Nachos and Cheese? Coke Zero with Nachos and Cheese 😛
Yep, our local and only movie theater serves Coke Zero. [location]
4. Fox’s Pizza Den: This is a great pizza joint on Old Hwy 11 next to the Corner market. Good Pizza. Very different from your franchise type pizza place. [location]
5. Sweet Peppers Deli: They have two locations, one on Hardy next to Lowes and the other one on Lincoln and Broadway. They sell sandwiches, salads, wraps, and spuds to go with a delicious Coke Zero [location] 
If you know of any other places nearby that serve Coke Zero, feel free to let us know in the comments section. Continue reading “Places in Hattiesburg that sell Coke Zero”