I was a heavy Diet Coke drinker until I discovered Coke Zero. It tastes 10 times better. However, few places around my area serve it or have it in their soda machines. I know of only the following places that serve it in the Hattiesburg Area.
1. Bakers Burger Co: This is the new burger joint in town and it is pretty good too. They have a “flavor of the week” bun, wheat and your typical white bun. [location]
2. Movie Star: You will love to eat here! They’ve got an awesome buffet Friday and Saturday that includes ribs, catfish, pork loin, sweet potatoes fries, apple pie, and all the good stuff. Saturdays they have a deal called Ribeye for 2 which is $25. [location]
3. The Grand 18: Do you know what is better than Nachos and Cheese? Coke Zero with Nachos and Cheese 😛
Yep, our local and only movie theater serves Coke Zero. [location]
4. Fox’s Pizza Den: This is a great pizza joint on Old Hwy 11 next to the Corner market. Good Pizza. Very different from your franchise type pizza place. [location]
5. Sweet Peppers Deli: They have two locations, one on Hardy next to Lowes and the other one on Lincoln and Broadway. They sell sandwiches, salads, wraps, and spuds to go with a delicious Coke Zero [location] 
If you know of any other places nearby that serve Coke Zero, feel free to let us know in the comments section. Continue reading “Places in Hattiesburg that sell Coke Zero”
[Spoiler Alert: Do NOT read if you have not seen the LOST series finale]
The LOST series finale is as bittersweet as they come. A determined Jack has to make the ultimate sacrifice in order to fulfill his purpose and help his friends, just as Charlie did at the end of Season 3. Therefore, following Spock’s principle “the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … or the one.”
We get several answers at the end of the show, but to follow in LOST tradition there are still questions remaining with plenty of room for interpretation. These are going to be influenced based on your thoughts and beliefs. Why did Jack not turn into a Smoke Monster? We know what the numbers mean, but why are the numbers all over the place? If you were expecting straightforward answers to all the premises of the show, I hate to break it to you, but you were watching the wrong show for the past 6 years.
Continue reading “Everyone dies some time kiddo”
When you graduate from a college with a computer science degree, there are several disciplines that you can steer your career towards. ERP is one of them. To keep it short and simple, ERP are software packages that supposedly should provide functionality to everything the client/company would ever need. However, it still needs to be customized to fit all your client needs. SAP is one of these packages and I will give you several reasons why you should stay away from pursuing a career or develop in SAP.
1. Documentation is Terrible, Terrible, Terrible
You are going to be working with code that could have easily been written 20 years ago. It is very likely there is not going to be much documentation or an API that you could reference to get you started. Several commands could have already been deprecated but SAP will not update that code or add much documentation to it. In the chance that there is any documentation, it can be available in German without an English version of it. Also, most SAP Press books are a sales pitch to management rather than actual technical knowledge.
2. Why use an Abacus when we have Calculators?
Tools to develop in ABAP are very rudimentary. Do not expect CTRL + Space here. The language has seen several revisions with the addition of objects but they rarely serve a purpose as they are only wrappers to existing function modules. This encourages old and new developers to keep working in traditional programming which is rather obsolete nowadays. SAP’s approach to make ABAP object oriented is simply a joke. There is no repository tool for developing in ABAP or an effective way to concurrently work on the same code. It is possible to lock your code so that nobody can edit it, but that’s about it. Continue reading “5 reasons you should NOT develop in SAP”
– Gorgeous OLED Screen, images just stand out with great contrasts
– The Zune dock is great. It supports HD output. It hooks to any HDMI device. It is also compatible with older AV inputs
Zune Pass Compatible
– The Zune Pass allows you to download most of the available music at the Zune Store to your computer or Zune device. It is $15/month but you get 10 song credits so that you can pick 10 songs to keep. The songs that you buy are DRM free and can be use in any device.
Interfaces smoothly with the XBOX 360
– If you decide not to get the dock, you can stream all the songs download with your subscription to an XBOX 360.
– Very few portable devices have HD Radio. There are few stations in my area, but it is nice to see song info on the player. It does not feel like 1990.
No FLAC support
– There is support for wma loss-less codec, but it would have nice to have FLAC support.
– I saw a couple of games, twitter, and some apps, but there is not really a huge selection.
No Bluetooth Support
– I was really disappointed that I was not able to use my Bluetooth headphones with this device.
Not as many accessories as iPods
– Receivers, alarm clocks, car stereos, and many other devices come with iPod compatible docks. There is not a great selection of accessories for the Zune right now, but some devices are coming soon. If you are looking to connect the Zune to a receiver, you should definitely get the dock.
Overall it is a great product with a competitive price and nice features.
Copyright 2010 Christian Rios
All trademarks and copyrights contained in this document are owned by their
respective trademark and copyright holders.
Let me get some things straight first. It seems to be common misconception specially for computer people to confused the LCD’s refresh rate and frame interpolation aka Motion Flow, Auto Motion Plus, depending on the manufacturer. Your LCD’s refresh rate is either 60Hz, 120Hz or 240Hz, you can not change it by turning frame interpolation on or off. By turning it off, you will get rid of the extra frames inserted to create a smoother picture. I advise frame interpolation to be used only for watching sports.
What you need depends upon the type of material you would want to watch.
60hz LCDs will display 60fps, which is equal to the broadcast refresh rate, however introduces judder to 24 fps material(film).
120hz LCDs can display 60hz material by displaying each frame twice or interpolating motion from one frame to the next, so long as that option is available for the TV in question. As for 24fps material, some 120hz LCDs can play back this material at it’s intended rate by playing each frame 5 times. This removes any judder that was a result of the 3:2 pulldown associated with playback at 60hz.
240hz LCDs double the 120hz resulting in additional frames for interpolation.
Continue reading “Whats the difference between 60/120/240 Hz?”
I have been playing Modern Warfare 2 since a couple of days after the release because I got it from Steam. I have been playing with my buddies from the clan and several other friends since pretty much everybody got the game by now. It is a fun game; however, I am still annoyed with several issues that need to be addressed with the game and IW.net.
First, this matchmaking does not seem to be working for the player to make the experience simpler. The purpose of getting rid of dedicated servers was supposed to make it easier and more approachable to the casual player restricting the interface to a console-like experience. However, it has been completely the opposite effect. Since we are lacking dedicated servers, a player is going to be designated to host. If you are behind a router, as most people are, make sure you forward all the ports that are needed otherwise your NAT is going to be set to “Strict”. If you are a casual gamer, I probably lost you already but you can see my point.
Second, the party system does not seem to work without problems. It is tedious, you have to invite everybody and for some reason some of your friends will not be able to connect to your party. It always takes a couple of tries until somebody can successfully be party leader and invite without issues.
Third, on several occasions, the player that is hosting will disconnect because he either rage quits or his connection is not good enough. At this point, it is possible someone in your party will disconnect while trying to switch to another host. Not to mention the process takes about 20 to 30 seconds in a good scenario which disrupts the flow of the game and annoys all players. Continue reading “Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Issues”
This is a list of words in English that you can add an ‘o’ or an ‘a’ at the end
and they will actually translate to Spanish.
Continue reading “Add an ‘o’ at the end and it is in Spanish!”